Why choose us?
There are a host of reasons why families choose Pascals Herne Bay. Here are just a few of them:
- Operating across two separate buildings, parents have the choice of a mixed-age service or separate age groups, all in a warm and welcoming home-like environment
- Amazing outdoor spaces shaded by established trees and filled with everything children need for adventure and learning
- Centre chef creates nutritious meals your child will love
- Excellent teacher to student ratios
- Extended opening hours great for working parents (7.30am to 5.30pm)
- Passionate teachers who have a wealth of knowledge and love what they do
- Engaging, diverse curriculum (including playdough, art, carpentry, cooking, dramatic play, music and movement)
- Strong relationships with our families and our community
- Great transition to school programme
Our curriculum is based on the children’s interests, emergent curriculum and project based work. We follow the children’s interests and work alongside them to see where the learning adventure will take us next. Te Whaariki is interwoven through our teaching practices and the activities are predominately child initiated and child led. Sometimes our teachers set provocations for the children to explore in their own way. We are on a journey as a centre to becoming a centre of innovation and forward thinking so working with our teachers, tamariki and whanau to really think outside the box and extend on our children’s learning through research and exploration.
Here at Pascals Herne Bay, we value the importance of respect. We want each child to have a sense of belonging, feel secure and loved when they enter their learning space. We aim to honour the ‘whole’ child (the physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, nutritional and developmental) in order to acknowledge that teaching and learning is not done in isolation, but rather as a community alongside whanau and local identities.
We are committed to building, growing and maintaining strong relationships with children, their families and the local community. Through these relationships, children will build a strong foundation of trust, developing knowledge, confidence, communication and sense of belonging. We are here to set the foundations for a lifelong love of learning.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.